Call drops can be extremely annoying. Imagine you’re on an important call and suddenly you lose network and the call gets dropped. It could hamper the entire flow of your conversation. And this is a problem we often face, especially now, that we’re back to the work from home culture.
Indoor network coverage is relatively poor in a lot of places. So how do you make these important work calls without the risk of call drops? Simple, try Wi-Fi Calling! Don’t know what that is? We’ll explain.
What Is Wi-Fi Calling?
Technology has been advancing and evolving every moment. As you read this article, someone might be making a new discovery. And all thanks to such people, today we have the opportunity to make Wi-Fi calls.
Wi-Fi calling is a feature that allows users to make and receive calls and texts (SMS & MMS) over a Wi-Fi connection. All you need to do is, connect to an already available Wi-Fi network using your suitable, Wi-Fi calling-enabled smartphone and make calls or send texts as you normally would, on a cellular connection.
Yes! It’s as simple as that. Moreover, it also comes with a bunch of advantages that we’ll discuss further.
Unique Features Or Benefits Of Wi-Fi Calling
Wi-Fi calling has its own unique features and benefits that make it such a must-have in today’s world. Enlisted below are some of them:
- Get crystal clear calls. Every. Single Time. (that is, as long as you have a good Wi-Fi connection)
- Works on absolutely any Wi-Fi
- You can now make calls or send messages from any part of the world where you have a stable Wi-Fi connection.
- No need to switch numbers or make any major changes to your existing phone or network.
- No additional charges to start using Wi-Fi
- No need to install any extra app.
- Slightly better call set-up time than a regular VoLTE connection.
How To Start Making Wi-Fi Calls?
So how do you start making these crystal clear calls? Let’s start by stating that you won’t need anything else besides your handset and a strong Wi-Fi connection. Now that, that’s out of the way, let’s take you through a step-by-step guide on how to start using Wi-Fi calling.
- Make sure you have a handset that is capable of Wi-Fi calling along with a 4G sim.
- Make sure your OS software is up-to-date. If not, update it.
- Go to Sim Card and Mobile Data from your phone Settings.
- Click on one of your sim cards, click on Wi-Fi Calling and turn it on.
- Also, enable VoLTE Calls for better results and a seamless Wi-Fi to VoLTE handover, in case your Wi-Fi connection loses network mid-conversation.
And that’s it! You are all set to start enjoying uninterrupted calls with crystal clear voice quality.
Experience Exceptional Wi-Fi Calling Using Airtel Xstream Fiber
While you can easily enjoy the benefits of Wi-Fi calling on any Wi-Fi connection, it’s always beneficial to have a strong, stable connection, that’ll give you the best quality calls. And who better to offer such exceptional services than one of the top premium telecom brands in the country, Airtel.
Airtel Xstream Fiber brings you office-like internet at home! And isn’t that what we all need, especially when our consumption needs are constantly on the rise due to the work-from-home situation. With Airtel Xstream Fiber you can enjoy amazing benefits such as unlimited data with up to 1Gbps speed, Wi-Fi calling, a fixed landline with unlimited calls, proactive network monitoring, auto troubleshooting routers, auto-adjusting upload/download speed, 24×7 customer support and 24×7 promised speed.
So if really want to make the best of Wi-Fi calling, Airtel Xstream Fiber is the way to go!